Palette may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 1st June 2011.
1. What we collect.
- Address and postcode
- Telephone Number
- Email Address
- Information relevant to offers and discounts
- Preferences and interests
2. What we do with the information we collect.
Palette is totally committed to protecting the privacy of our site visitors and customers. The Palette team members are customers themselves of other Internet sites and fully appreciate and respect the importance of privacy on the Internet. Palette will not disclose information about its customers to third parties except where it is part of providing a service to you - e.g. arranging for a product to be sent to you, carrying out credit and other security checks and for the purposes of customer research and profiling or where we have your express permission to do so.
We will use your information to understand your needs and provide you with the best possible service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send you details of promotions about new products, special offers or other information, which we think you may find of interest.
- We may also use this information to contact you in order to customize the web-site according to your interests and needs.
- We will not sell your name, address, e-mail address or other personal information to any third party (excluding partners from whom you may have linked to our site) without your permission.
Note: Your Financial Information
On occasions, you may choose to provide your payment details to Palette via email or telephone (as an alternative payment method to those offered in our on-line check-out service); on such occasions, Palette will process your payment manually, using the information you have supplied.
All financial information supplied by you to Palette will not be disclosed to any third party, other than our merchant bank (Paypal Payment Pro) who will securely process the payment.
Upon receiving confirmation of your payment, Palette will not retain or store your payment information.
3. Controlling your personal information.
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to complete a form on this web-site, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information used for marketing and communication purposes.
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for marketing and communication purposes, you may change your mind at any time. All Palette customers have the option to opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us and/or selected third parties. If you do not wish to continue to receive marketing from us and/or selected third parties you should opt-out by visiting 'My Account' which you can locate on our home page. You can access 'My Account' once you register and login. Or click on the "unsubscribe" link in any email communications which we might send you.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible at: email@example.com. Please use subject title, ‘Personal information enquiry’. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
We are committed to ensuring that all information you provide us with remains secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect from you online. The Palette online site is SSL (Secure Socket Layer) certified. This provides crucial online identity and security by encrypting confidential information. The Palette online site is also compliant with PCI Data Security Standards.
We may use personal information provided by you in order to conduct appropriate anti-fraud checks. Personal information that you provide may be disclosed to a credit reference or fraud prevention agency, which may keep a record of that information. This is done only to confirm your identity - a credit check is not performed and your credit rating is unaffected.
A cookie is a small file, which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering information and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web-page traffic and improve our web-site in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us to provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and those which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
6. Links to other websites
Our web-site may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that third-party web-site. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information, which you provide whilst visiting such sites and this privacy statement does not govern such sites. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to any web-site linked to www.palette-london.com.
7. Disclosures of your information
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that Palette sells or buys any business or assets
- If Palette or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data which we hold about our customers may be one of the transferred assets
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms of; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Palette, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
8. Checking your Details
If you wish to verify the details you have submitted to Palette you may do so by contacting us via the e-mail address or address given below. Our security procedures mean that we may request proof of identity before we reveal information. This proof of identity will take the form of your e-mail address and password submitted upon registration. You must therefore keep this information safe as you will be responsible for any action which we take in response to a request from someone using your e-mail and password. We would strongly recommend that you do not use the browser's password memory function as that would permit other people using your terminal to access your personal information.
9. Contacting us
We are always pleased to hear from our customers (even if it is a complaint!). We are always grateful for any time you spend providing us with the knowledge we need to ensure our customers are completely satisfied - we want you to return to the Palette web-site and to recommend us to your friends and family. If you have any questions or feedback about this statement, or if you would like us to stop processing your information, please do not hesitate to contact at, firstname.lastname@example.org
Or, write to us at:
2-4 Sebastian Street
+44 (0) 207 490 5580